Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Emily's 1 year Doctor Appointment


Emily had her 1 year Doctor Appointment on September 17, 2008. It was pretty uneventful except I had a list of 12 questions to ask the Dr. Am I a paranoid first time Mom or what?! Emily only received 2 shots that time, because we decided to wait till 15 months for the MMR and the Chickenpox vaccine as they need to be given together and the Hepatitis A vaccine is on national back order and of course they are out. We decided to wait because of the risk of Autism may or may not be associated with the MMR vaccine. The research I have seen indicated there was no link, but the Dr. said she was ok with waiting and so wait we will. So, at her 15 month appointment she will have to have 4 shots! Poor girl!

We will also have to get our Flu shots here soon! So she will get another shot.

Emily now weighs 19 lbs 0 oz is 27 1/2 inches tall and has a head circumference of 17 inches, though i am making it 17 1/4 inches as I am sure her head did not shrink from her 9 month appointment. We also did not have our regular nurse, so I am contributing it to that. So, she is now in the 20th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height. My poor peanut.

The doctor was happy to see that Emily was walking and answered all of my food related questions that I had for her! It was funny on the slip that we give at the desk, it stated that the next appointment they needed to allot 30 minutes for our appointment =)....I told Matt this and stated that the next time we go I probably won't have any questions!!!!!

No comments: