Tonight I had my first terrible, terrible Mom moments. I was down in the basement with a potential contractor and Emily was down there. I turned my back from her because we were discussing an idea and I had no idea that Emily went up the stairs, until I hear......
clunk...clunk...clunk and I turn around and see Emily land on the bottom of the stairs! Of course Emily starts screaming bloody murder and I pick her up and see blood coming from her mouth. The contractor is still talking to me and I say, I need to take her upstairs so up we go. I get a paper towel and start wiping away blood and see that she has a small cut on her bottom lip and think that is it. I give her some milk in a sippy, which she drinks no problem, and feed her dinner and she eats without an issue. Of course, I am paranoid that she has broken something or something is terribly wrong and debate rushing her to the ER. I decide against it and start checking limbs and seeing if they move without any issues, which they do. I give her a bath and she acts just fine and I assume that she is ok. I even give her an ice cream sandwich because I feel bad for her. Well, as I was getting her dressed after her bath, Emily starts playing in her mouth and I see that the gum around one of her front teeth is a little bloody. Well, of course she won't let me see it any more and fights me from looking at it. She acts just fine.
Well, now I am extra paranoid and Matt calls me. He asks how I am and I tell him terrible and explain why. I am greeted by silence...then a few questions. Not making me feel much better here. So, after I hang up with him, I start to get paranoid that her front tooth is going to fall out. To check for that (other than stick my finger in her mouth and try and move the tooth) I gave her a fruit strip and proceeded to watch her eat it ; which she did without an issue. Emily waits up for dad to come home and he looks at it and states, well you will just have to watch it and make sure the tooth doesn't turn discolored. Because if it did then it hit the nerve and she will have to have that tooth pulled. Again, doesn't make me feel better.
So, that is my rambling terrible terrible Mom moment! Oh and to try and make me feel better, Matt tells me, "well it could be worse. Want to hear a story, this guy I work with called me and told me that he needed wednesday and possibly friday off because his wife slipped and fell and has a brain hemorrage and was in emergency surgery and could possibly die. Does that make you feel better?" Nice right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment