So, Wednesday's Matt brings Emily up to Lansing so I can see her. This Wednesday, was especially nice, as I had a present for her. It was just a simple book, called Wake Up! A silly little board book that can be so much to read because you get to do sill things. So, this Wednesday when Em walks in I ask her if she wants a present. She tells me, "uh huh" and so I give her the book. She immediately looks at it, looks at me and loudly proclaims: "Mommy sit down and read me book." I immediately sit down and she sits on my lap and I read her the book.
That moment she said a full sentence to me, I about melted. I had instant flashes of how much she was growing up, where did my baby go? I am now fully embracing talking toddler hood ;)
On another funny note, Emily is starting to recognize that Matt drinks beer. Well, at dinner he starts to tell me a story about Emily and the beer can. And Emily looks at his glass and says, "Daddy's Apple Juice" so we decide nope, we will tell her it is Beer. So I look at her and say, "No, that is Daddy's beer." She then looks at me and says, "I drink beer" Made us laugh.....
1 comment:
Great story:)
Aunt Becca
Post a Comment