Saturday, November 17, 2007

2 Month Check-up

Yesterday was Emily's 2 month check-up! She is doing great, growing like a weed! Emily now weighs 11 lbs. 7 oz and is 23 inches long and has a head circumference of 15 inches! In 2 months, she has put on 4 lbs. 4 oz, grown 5 inches, and her head has increased by 2 inches!!! She is in the 50th percentile for weight and I have no idea for length or head, forgot to ask =). This makes me feel a little better because at her 1 month check-up she was in the 95th percentile for weight, b/c she must have had a growth spurt!

Unfortunately, along with a normal 2 month check-up she had to get shots!!! She had 5 vaccines that came in 3 different shots! Two nurses came in and gave them to her, while I had to hold her arms and talk to her! The nurses counted to 3 and then stuck her in both legs and at the exact moment they went in, Emily's eyes got really big and then she let out this horrific scream/cry that broke my heart! I kept telling her I was sorry and that she was gonna make momma cry, which I did!!! Poor baby and she was just laying on the table sucking her paci and just about sleeping when it happened! They told me to take her home and give her Tylenol to help her feel better and gave me a bunch of papers to read about the shots!
Her appointment was at 3:00 pm and we went home and she pretty much slept the rest of the day and night. She went to bed around 9:30 pm and slept until 3 am to eat and back to bed til 6 am to eat again. Then up at 7:30 am to eat and back to bed til almost 12 pm! She has pretty much slept today away also, which has been nice for me since I am coming down with a cold now!!! I think her legs are still sore because whenever I touch them she cries...poor baby.....and to think at her next appointment, she goes through this all over again!!!

No comments: