Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Poop Explosion

So, today Emily had an explosion of poop while I was changing her diaper. I had been waiting for Emily to poop for about 5 days now, from what I have read it is normal for breastfed babies to poop about 1 time a week, so I kept waiting for her to poop. Well of course she does it while I am changing her diaper. She started to poop and a litle came out, so I started to wipe her up, then more came out, and at this point I had a new diaper on. Then I started to wipe again and even more came out, so at this point Matt came over to help me as I was freaking out because it was going everywhere! So, she stopped (or so I thought) and we put another diaper on and she continued to poop and it was at this point going up her back and onto her onesie. So, then Matt said take the diaper off and put the burp rag under her and get another diaper. So, I do that and she continues to poop!!! All over the burp rag, so I get a diaper under her and I remove the burp rag and tell Matt he has to deal with it. I go to start rinsing the rag in the toilet. We then had to remove her onesie and her sleep n play outfit (guess which one it was, that is right it was her "prisoner outfit" the one she always spits up on) because at this point she had also peed with no diaper on so her onesie and outfit now had poop and pee on it!!! Matt took her and changed her diaper again and put new clothes on her. I proceeded to wash the burp rag. Again another example of why I would NEVER EVER use washable diapers. I had to get the rubber gloves out and the baby oxiclean.....

2 comments:

Kristian Williams said...

i do feel pity, and here it is....

doggie said...

I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read this one, complete with close up pics of the poopy diapers!

She's really an adorable girl :)

The new site layout looks very nice too