Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Night from Hell...

Yes, you read it correctly, we had our very first night from Hell! It was terrible and almost too painful for me to re-has the experience, so I will try my best.

This past weekend, we left on Friday to stay with a friend in Jenison and then we were meeting with Stephanie and Trevor on Saturday in Grand Rapids to go to the Great Wolf Lodge. Well, the day started out ok and we made it to Grand Rapids by about 2 pm. We went to Meijer and Target looking for a bathing suit and stopped and got chinese food for dinner. We went back to Kelly's house and I put Emily to bed at 7 pm. Well, she cries, which is no big deal, I just let her go and she normally falls asleep. Kelly and I are sitting in her living room talking when we hear a door open and here comes Ms. Emily. We look at each other kinda shocked and so she comes to me and I pick her up and calm her down, read her a story and put her back to bed at 7:30 pm. She falls alseep. We are fine the rest of the night or so i think.
It is almost midnight now and we decide it is time to go to sleep, so i gather my Pj's and toothbrush and stuff and go to the bathroom. While I am going potty I hear a very loud crash and I yell to Kelly, "was that you?" Her response, "No" My response, "can you go check on her?" Well she had once again crawled out of her pack n play but this time was so disoriented that she fell to the ground. So, I calm her down again and try to lay her back down but she just wants to SCREAM, so I decide that I can't let her do that and keep Kelly up and her neighbors (as she lives in a Condo). I try putting Emily to sleep on the little couch in the room, which she layed there for a few minutes, then got up. So, then I tried putting her in bed with me and that got me was hit in the head and layed all over. Emily then decided that it was time to be up and wanted to go out to the living room and wanted to read books and roam the room! By about 2:30 in the am, I decide I am so tired that I put a blanket on the floor, grab the pillows and put another blanket on top of me and lay on the floor. I then beg Emily to lay down with me and go to sleep. She did lay down with me, but I have no idea when she fell asleep. At 7 am she woke me up and we were awake for the rest of the day! It was the worst night of my life and all that kept running through my head was, "Is this what it will be like when we try and take her out of her crib and put her in a big girl bed?! Because if it is, life will be terrible!" I also had the thoughts of leaving Kelly's house and driving home at 2 am or going to wal-mart and seeing if i could find something that was taller that Emily couldn't crawl out of!!!!


The Bed on the floor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: