Alright, you may ask yourself why am I posting about our construction of the basement? What does it have to do with Emily? Well, the answer is EVERYTHING! I decided that we need more room and therefore we are getting it in the basement, so great strides are being made in getting it finished. So, here are the latest pictures. I am so excited that it is finally coming together. The funny thing is now that the drywall is in I feel like my big space has shrunk to nothing =) I feel like a 15x14 playroom is too small and will be filled up entirely too quick! My scrapbook room feels like it is getting smaller too. After the drywall is completed in these two big areas drywall will be done in the closets and the bathroom will be completed. The major issue in the bathroom is leveling out the floor for the tile, as we have concluded that the builder ripped up the existing concrete and put in the drains for the toilet, sink and shower and then re-layed concrete and did it in a poor fashion. So, there is a difference in the room and they will have to figure out how to level it out. Do you like the green ceiling and the purple walls? Well, the big joke is that is what we will leave them and not do any painting. Of course, that isn't the truth, but I am having a hard time deciding what color to paint. Oh we also have the flooring bought now for the area and also the unfinished family room. It is a white pine laminate. It was lighter than what we really wanted, but we got a good deal so we bought it.
The playroom, looking from the scrapbooking room
The scrapbooking roomThe playroom, looking from the scrapbooking room
The archway entrance to the playroom

No comments:
Post a Comment