Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Happenings'


We have been so busy lately. Well, first my parents have left and are safely back in Arizona. Emily misses her Papa and calls out for him still. The basement is mostly complete. The only remaining portion is the bathroom and tonight the toilet went in and then came back out. Apparently the plastic ring that the toilet sits on broke when Matt was trying to level it. So, there was a lot of swearing and general anger in the bathroom as soon as that happened. Of course it isn't an easy fix, as Matt has calmed down a little and informed me that the builder concreted the ring into the ground, therefore making it almost impossible to get it out to replace it. So, he is going to have to figure out another way...

Onto Emily:

1. We leave on Tuesday to head to Washington DC, to visit Emily's Shoe Aunt, Aunt Becca. It should be lots of fun and we are planning on just enjoying time at the pool and going to some museums, monuments and the zoo. I am scared to fly by myself with Emily. As there is so much stuff that I have to get organized.

2. Kindermusik is almost done for the summer and she has enjoyed it, or so I think she has. We are finishing Sign and Sing, which I really enjoy because it is quite interesting learning signs. and we are now done with Creatures in My Backyard. Since we will be missing the last two classes. I am debating if we will sign her up for the fall class, and I am leaning towards doing it. I think it is really great socially for my very shy child. And I absolutely adore the teacher, Lisa is an amazing woman who truly loves her job!

3. Potty training has not started and i am thinking we will start in earnest once I get back from DC with Emily. She understands the concept and even occassionally pees on the potty, which we reward quite heavily. I look forward to the days of no more diapers, but I don't look forward to the actual potty training...

4. Speech is improving greatly! We are now up to 15 words that she says consistently and with meaning. So, we have made great strides going from 4 words to 15. Candy is impressed and happy with her progress so far. Which I am too, that is until we get around someone else who has a 2 year old that speaks way more, than I start to worry.

5. I know there is more to post and I have a lot more pictures, but I am running out of thoughts for the moment. Until next time....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: