Monday, October 20, 2008

first Blood...

Alright yesterday, Emily had her first blood come out from a fall! Yep and I FREAKED OUT! Here is the story:

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 3:15 pm (OK not really sure of the time)

We went to a Pampered Chef Party with Malisa and Kim to a co-workers of Kim's house. And Emily was playing on the step that separated the living room from the dining room area, which was no big deal to me. Well, next thing I see Emily falls over onto the ground and is laying there crying. I am almost tempted to not get up and just tell her she is ok. Well, I decide to get up and pick her up, as the room is full of women staring at her at this point. The instance I pick her up and turn her around to face me, I see BLOOD. The instant I see blood, I walk over to Malisa and Kim and say, "She is bleeding, do something." Well, Kim grabbed Emily and Malisa followed and then I followed to the kitchen. Once there, Malisa grabs a paper towel and Kim is trying to calm my daughter down. They are looking in her mouth to figure out the damage and I start to cry! I feel the tears well up in my eyes and I just know I am going to cry. Malisa looks at me and says," Are you crying?" I respond," Yes, this is the first time I have seen blood!" My heart was racing and the tears were in my eyes and I was just overall freaked out because i had not seen Emily bleed before.

Well, turns out that she just bit into her lip a little bit and Kim told me, "she might have a little bit of a fat lip but that is it." She of course was fine long before I was=)

After she was all cleaned up and back to playing, they asked me what I would have done if I was home alone with her and she did that? I said i wasn't sure. Then they said, "you would have went to the neighbors right?!" I respond," yeah I probably would have."

Emily has just a little line on her lip today and has no fat lip. SHe was in great spirits today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw that you posted on babyzone about the pump in style advanced. Do you still like it? I have to go for surgery ( my baby is 3 months) and i am not sure which pump to buy.

Anonymous said...

oh, my baby's name is Emily Jane....