Monday, August 24, 2009

The Happening's of the DeWind Household

We have been a very busy family lately! I arrived back from Sacramento, Ca in one piece and only 4 hours later than originally planned, but it was better than the 24 hours later as was scheduled. Just as a warning, Minneapolis Airport is undergoing a runway construction of one of their major runways, therefore causing plane traffic to slow up when there are too many planes, which caused a delay of 40 minutes in Sacramento. Then once in Minneapolis, there was major weather that was causing delays and due to my original delay, I missed my plane....so I luckily flew stand by and thanks to others misfortunes, I was able to get home Thursday night. As they had me re-booked to fly out Friday morning instead!

Once I arrived back in MI, we went to Muskegon as I had a wedding that I was in. Must say Congrats to Nicole and Simon and wishing you guys a long marriage!!!! It worked out and the weather held for the wedding and we had a great time! Emily stayed with Matt's Mom and stepdad for 2 nights!

She was apparently, very good and went to sleep without any issues! Which I was thankful for, but a little jealous that she slept in for them untl 8:30 am!!! She doesn't do that at home!!! She didn't cry at all for her "buzz", which was good and I was a little nervous if she would be ok. But she was and did very good for them!

Emily also enjoyed sitting on the potty and wiping herself, though she has no idea what she actually is supposed to do, but nonetheless it was what she wanted to do at Grandma's!

Her vocabulary is expanding, which is good, but after talking to a speech therapist, we now need to start working on putting two words together, which she doesn't do at all. Emily also told me that she Loved Me...which was the first time I heard it and it completely melted my heart. And of course that was on wednesday (the day before I left CA) and it made me miss her even more!

No comments: